Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This isn't a BBQ, it's a BAR.

Some of you might recognize this post from my other blog. This just has some details about the guy. I didn't want to write them over there in case one or both of them read it.

On Sunday I met a guy that one of my friends wanted me to meet. We had actually been supposed to have met a couple weeks ago, but my "wingman" got sick and backed out. Not to mention I found out that one of my grandmother's was in the hospital with heart problems (she's doing better now).

Anyway, so the idea was to have a BBQ.

Sunday rolls around and I don't have a single detail about said BBQ. Nothing. Not until sometime Sunday afternoon. And none of the texts mentioned a BBQ.

Wingman  told me that this guy was out golfing all day so he could meet us anytime. Where? Wingman finally says that we are going to meet at a bar. Hmmm. That doesn't sound very BBQ-ish. She told me she'd text me when she was heading out - when her babysitter showed up. Oookay. Bars are not my favorite place, simply because I don't care for drinking. I like a few drinks, but I drink so damn slow that they're warm by the time I'm done. I've never much cared for alcohol, and I've had some odd "hit-on" experiences at this particular bar, so I don't always really want to go there.

I wound up watching the Giants/A's game with my mom. It went into extra innings and when she texted me that she was heading to the bar, I texted back that I was in the middle of a ball game and would leave when it was done. (How bad is that?! lol) Finally the game ended in the 11th inning with the Giants barely snagging the win. Love my Giants.

I got to the bar and the guy wasn't there yet. So my friend and I chatted until he got there. He showed up in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops, and a baseball cap. He hugs my friend, and she introduces us, and he says, "Hi!"

And there it was. Staring me in the face. I know it's a picky little thing, and really I shouldn't judge. But I still can't quite get over it. He has a black (aka rotten) tooth. He was a really nice guy, but all I see is that black tooth, not his face. Is that horrible? Is that wrong?

After a few drinks, we went out to dinner (me, Wingman, guy, and some other guy). Don't worry, Wingman was sober and was our driver. We promptly got called obnoxious by some lady with a an at-ti-tude. Apparently she wasn't fond of people laughing in her vicinity. And really, we weren't that loud, but the restaurant was pretty empty so we kinda echoed and whatnot. However, it wasn't filled with dirty words or inappropriate conversation. It was just some fucking laughter.

Then I had to choke down the worse burrito ever. Seriously. The shredded beef had no flavor whatsoever, and it was just dry. It came with no sides - no beans and no rice. Seriously? No amount of salsa and sour cream made it any better. I will never go to that restaurant ever again.

Wanna know what's really bad?

The other guy that went to dinner with us? He was more attractive to me. Partly because he didn't have any black teeth, but also because he filled out his Wranglers quite nicely.

I'm going to go wallow in shame.

1 comment:

  1. No, it is not horrible and wrong. Our smiles say a lot about us! A rotten tooth says he doesn't take care of his teeth. Bad teeth usually equals bad breath.... Not very attractive or kissable. Soooooo, why don't you ask Wingman about Mr. Nice Wranglers?

    ReplyDelete